2 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
2 ½ Cups Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
6 ½ or 7 Cups KAMUT® Brand Khorasan Wheat Flour
- Place yeast in warm water in large bowl and let stand until yeast softens (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in the oil, salt and 2 cups of the flour, mix until uniform
- Continue to incorporate the flour slowly, beat with a wooden spoon.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 20 minutes, occasionally slamming the dough down to help develop the gluten
- Place dough in a large bowl, cover tightly and let rise until double (about 1.5 hours). The dough will have spring, but will be more dense than a conventional wheat loaf
- Punch dough down, divide into two loaves and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Shape into two rounded loaves and place in well oiled bread pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425° F for ten minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and cook for 45-50 minutes more.
- Bread is done when crust is golden, it comes easily out of the pan and sounds hollow when thumped on the bottom. Cool on a rack.