This flatbread makes a great light lunch or dinner. Serve hot out of the oven or at room temperature.
2 cups KAMUT® Brand Khorasan Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
1 tsp salt, divided
1 cup hot water (120°F)
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and blanched
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
1. Combine flour, yeast and 3/4 tsp salt. Gradually stir in hot water and 1 tbsp oil to form soft dough.
2. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl. Cover with tea towel and let rise in warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into 12-inch long oval shape and place on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
4. Mix together ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest, oregano, basil and remaining salt; spread over dough. Arrange asparagus on top; sprinkle with pine nuts and chili flakes (if using). Brush with remaining oil.
5. Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching and rotating baking sheets halfway through, for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown.
• To blanch asparagus: Cook asparagus in boiling salted water for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water for 1 minute; drain and pat dry.
• To toast pine nuts: Place nuts in a dry skillet and toast over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown.