In accordance with applicable regulations, we are providing the following information on the processing of personal data in connection with use of the website “www.kamut.com” (“website”) and regarding related interactions by the user. This information does not concern other websites that may be visited by the user through links on the website.
The Data Controller, that determines the purpose and means of processing personal data, is Kamut International Ltd, PO Box 7037, Missoula, MT, USA, tel. +1.406.251.9418, email: via the form on the "CONTACT US" page. For contact specifically related to the protection of personal data, including the exercise of the rights described in the section “Rights”, the person concerned may address any requests using e-mail: via the form on the "CONTACT US" page and mention "Privacy" in the subject.
Browsing Data of the User
The IT systems and computer programs used for the operation of the website collect some personal data of which transmission is implied in the use of Internet communication protocols. Although the information is not collected to associate it to specific users, by its nature and through processing and association with further data held by third parties, such data may permit identification of users. Such data shall only be used for statistical purposes without associating it to any identifier of users, and to ensure the correct operation of the website. This data may also be used for the purposes of investigation in the event of crimes committed against the website. The legal basis of the processing is therefore the legitimate interest of the operation and security of the website.
Data Provided Voluntarily by the User to Contact the Data Controller
No personal information of the user is required for the website to be visited. However, any contact with the Data Controller, such as the optional sending of traditional mail or e-mail messages or the completion of the message submission fields on the “CONTACT US” page entail the subsequent acquisition by the Data Controller of information of the sender necessary to answer, as well as any other personal data provided in the related communications. Such data will be processed for the sole purpose of acting on and following up on the communication and may be communicated to third parties only if necessary for this purpose.
For the processing of data for these purposes, the consent of the person concerned is provided as a result of submission in order to process according to the submission or as requested, or to comply with a legal obligation. The processing of personal data will be done by personnel trained and authorized by the Data Controller with procedures and tools suitable to appropriately protect the data. Such data is stored for the time necessary according to the submission or request and for the relevant period of validity, and as required in case of a legal obligation.
The user may request, directly or via the website, to receive communications, such as email communications or periodic newsletters. In that case, the processing of personal data for this purpose will take place based on the consent resulting from the request to receive communications and such consent may be withdrawn (unsubscribed) at any time by the user.
The applicable regulations provide the following rights with reference to personal data:
- Access to personal data/data portability: the person concerned may request to receive free information about their personal data held by the Data Controller and about the related processing, and to obtain a copy their personal data in a structured, accessible, and readable format
- Correction of data: the person concerned may request correction of their personal data held by the Data Controller, with the exception of data that is an expression of evaluative elements regardless of correctness or accuracy
- Right to be deleted or forgotten: the person concerned may request to have their personal data held by the Data Controller deleted, except as required to comply with a legal obligation
- Right to restrict processing: the person concerned may request to restrict processing of their personal data held by the Data Controller, except as required to comply with a legal obligation
- Right to object: the person concerned may object to processing of their personal data held by the Data Controller, except as required to comply with a legal obligation
- Withdrawal of consent: the person concerned may withdraw consent for processing of their personal data at any time without prejudice to the consent provided before the withdrawal
- Complaint: the person concerned may complain to the relevant authority
The rights of the person concerned may be exercised via request to the following e-mail: via the form on the "CONTACT US" page and mention "Privacy" in the subject or by contacting the Data Controller by other means.
This policy may be modified or updated from time to time as needed, including for reasons of any changes in regulations concerning protection of personal data. We therefore invite consultation of this page regularly.
Find KAMUT® brand wheat products and licensed suppliers, producers, bakeries, and pizzerias.
Contact us for questions, to request information or for licensing, or to sign up to receive regular updates.